Okay, I’m exaggerating, but the weather this weekend has been great. The highs the last two days were 22-23 degrees C with clear skies. We’ve by-passed all the spring clothes* and went straight into tank tops and shorts.
The trees are starting to explode but hasn’t achieved much, yet.
We’ve been taking full advantage of the good weather and the relatively low levels of allergy symptoms and spent two days out in the sun. I slathered on the sun screen, but the sun glasses had to stay home since allergy eyes means no contacts. Too bad for me.
Time spent leisurely but activities limited to those we could do with Flour in tow since she shouldn’t stay home on such great weather either:
- Walked around Yorkville area; had lunch at MBCo. and did some shopping at Laywines and area. (Where the Moleskine citybooks are in and they even had some US cities in stock. I couldn’t resist getting one.)
- We brought along cheesecakes to picnic in Cherry Beach with a romp in the dog park area with Flour. (Cheesecakes were aces.)
- Flour enjoyed her first time in the water at the beach.
- Walked along the Yonge and Eglinton area, ate hot dogs for lunch and enjoyed the doggie parade. Everyone was out walking their dogs!
- Drove around with the windows down.
In a few days the weather will come back to normal for the time of year. The trees will soon be in full bloom. I’ll have to spend the spring mostly inside. Summer will finally officially arrive and it’ll be too hot to be out for extended periods of time.
The springy summer is short rare time of the year where it’s the best of both worlds.
Yeah, there’s been little knitting done since we’ve been spending all our time outside, but photos to come of the recent progress in the next day or two.
*Okay, luckily, by the waterfront it’s quite chilly so at least I got some wear out of one of my spring sweaters.
Popularity: 9% [?]
Tags: 1 Comment