Nothing like trying to buck the curse after being together for 15 years. It’s like cheating. It’s been finished knitting for months. G thought I would never finish it. He was so pleased when he saw me sewing it up.
- Tom by Jane Ellison from Queensland Collection Book 9 (Fantastic sweaters and good looking models!)
- Patons Classic Wool Merino in Natural Mix
- US 5 / 3.75 mm
- Date Started:
- January 1, 2009 (This was my New Year start)
- Date Finished:
- Sewing: March 15, Finishing: Aug 5.
- I made minor adjustment to the pattern to try to match the body and instead of bind off and join, I kitchenered the edge of hood together at the top.
- Will I make it again?
- It was a great boring knit. I loved it as a project to do when I’m reading for school. Not having to count for shaping made it ideal. I also like the ribbing. It’s a rib, but not one that pulls in much and gives lots of interest. I’d like to make another one for me. Maybe in a smaller size since this one, meant to be roomy for G over his other clothes, is way big on me. Very pointy hood however, and may need to be fixed. G doesn’t mind since he doesn’t plan on using the hood much.
Just wanted to say that this may have been some of the best seaming I’ve ever done in my life.
Popularity: 2% [?]